The Partnership Board brings together key local stakeholders, including educators, employers, the voluntary sector and Derby City Council. It will continue to work with local and national partners who share our determination to make Derby a great place for young people to grow up.
Our chair, Professor Kathryn Mitchell
Professor Kathryn Mitchell became Vice Chancellor of the University of Derby in 2015 and before that she held a number of senior positions at the University of West London, including Deputy Vice Chancellor. Kathryn has spent much of her career in the higher education sector, as a Wellcome Fellow at the Institute of Psychiatry, London, and has worked at the University of Chicago, the Rockefeller Institute, New York, and the Friedrich Miescher Institute, Basel. She is a chartered psychologist and continues to play an active role within research, currently working with colleagues across the psychology and health teams at the university and in collaboration with the University of Nottingham.
Partnership board members
- Andy Smith: Strategic Director of People, Derby City Council
- Pauline Anderson: Service Director- Learning and Skills
- Tammy Elwood: Director of the Spencer Teaching School Hub and Derby Research School
- Alistair Crawford – St Martins and St Andrews Teaching School
- Jane Calladine: Executive Head, Parkview and Redwood Primaries
- David Blackwell: Executive Head, Springfield Primary school and Portway Junior school.
- Kate Martin: Vice Principal, Derby College
- Neil Wilkinson: Executive Head, the Bemrose School
- Alison Brannick: Principal Landau Forte College Derby
- Nicola Swaney: Education Manager, Rolls-Royce
- Simon Carnall: Head of Community, Derby County Community Trust
- Will Morlidge: Careers, Employability & Inclusion Manager, D2N2 LEP
- Pieter Eksteen: Schools Lead, East Midlands Chamber
Meetings are attended by Department for Education officials, including the Regional Schools Commissioner and the Derby Opportunity Area team.