The partnership board brings together key local stakeholders, including educators, employers, the voluntary sector and Derby City Council. It will continue to work with local and national partners who share our determination to make Derby a great place for young people to grow up.
Our chair, Professor Kathryn Mitchell
Professor Kathryn Mitchell became Vice Chancellor of the University of Derby in 2015 and before that she held a number of senior positions at the University of West London, including Deputy Vice Chancellor. Kathryn has spent much of her career in the higher education sector, as a Wellcome Fellow at the Institute of Psychiatry, London, and has worked at the University of Chicago, the Rockefeller Institute, New York, and the Friedrich Miescher Institute, Basel. She is a chartered psychologist and continues to play an active role within research, currently working with colleagues across the psychology and health teams at the university and in collaboration with the University of Nottingham.
Partnership board members
- Andy Smith: Strategic Director of People, Derby City Council
- Angela O’Brien: Director, Derby Research School
- Debbie Gerring: Head, St. Martins School
- Jane Calladine: Executive Head, Parkview and Redwood Primaries
- Kate Martin: Vice Principal, Derby College
- Kevin Gaiderman: Head, Chellaston Academy
- Will Morlidge: Area Manager, Careers and Enterprise Company
- Nicola Swaney: Education Manager, Rolls-Royce
- Simon Carnall: Head of Community, Derby County Community Trust
- Wendy Colebourne: Head, Harrington Nursery
- Rachel Quinn: Careers, Employability & Inclusion Manager, D2N2 LEP
- Scott Knowles: Chief Executive, East Midlands Chamber
Meetings are attended by Department for Education officials, including the Regional Schools Commissioner and the Derby opportunity area team. The local programme manager will also attend and support the work of the partnership board.